Friday, July 23, 2021

Bidding War

I know it has been a very long time since my last post, and trust me when I say we were not having fun during that time!  Well, we actually did have some fun in the form of spending time with friends and family, but we also worked ourselves to the point of serious exhaustion!  In my last post I mentioned sticking around Maryland to “facilitate the transition” of putting our house on the market.  That was a drastic understatement!

We worked for weeks to organize contractors, deep clean, repair (every thing we could find in need of repair), landscape, pressure wash, paint all surfaces inside and out (inside = contractor, outside = me).  Within the first two days it was clear to me that three years on the boat has made me soft!  I can’t even begin to describe all of the aches and pains we suffered during this time, but I am happy to announce that the hard work paid off.  There was great interest the first day the house was listed,  and offers came in ‘fast and furious’...we definitely witnessed a bidding war that resulted in an amazing cash contract significantly higher than the asking price👍  Special thanks to Betsy & Pete (Realtor & Photographer) for doing a great job, and getting us top dollar on our house!

To give you an idea of extent of work we accomplished,  I will share two of the projects...

One of my most time consuming and strenuous jobs was to pressure wash the house, decks, driveway, and shuffleboard court.  After everything dried I painted or oiled all surfaces that were originally painted or oiled.  The painting project on the shuffleboard court was the worst, after two coats of green it was time for the lines. The templates were made of thin plastic, and the wind blew continuously off the water, making it difficult to position the templates and get clean lines.

Similarly Keith spent MANY hours repairing the pier.  He replaced some supports and surface boards, and made sure every board, on the 265 ft pier, was screwed down on all four corners...that’s a LOT of stainless steel screws!
That’s enough about our work on the house...it’s time to put that behind us...

We enjoyed catching crabs off the pier.

Saw some very interesting sights...have you ever seen a fish that appears to have choked to death on a fish?

AND...we got a new camera!  We will be upping our picture game from now on😁


We anchored in Eagle Cove behind Gibson Island on the Magothy River.  This location is very close to the house, and we were able to commute daily using the Whaler.  The picture shows a beautiful horse farm on the north shore of the cove...it is a great anchorage!


Still had an opportunity to see new water toys.  This guy started out trying to stand, but after 20+ face plants he decided to practice on his knees first.  He is controlling this board with a remote, in his left hand.

Several severe summer storms blew in.

Amazing sunsets were the norm!

We are finally underway again, and are heading for Maine. A travel update will be coming soon.

I am experiencing some technical difficulties with the email subscriber service.  The service previously used will no longer support email subscriptions so I need to find a new service and migrate all of the subscribers.  More on this in the next blog.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Continuing Saga

  Well, another month has passed since my last post, and I must report that our trying times have continued to haunt us.  Not sure if we sho...