Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Less Than a Month

I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but after counting down for three years, I’m shocked at the realization that I have less than one month until retirement.  The process of planning to become cruisers has been a very long journey.  The idea had presented itself several times during my life, but really became a ‘goal’ ten years ago.  Since that time Keith and I embraced the dream together!  

We started researching everything!  We decided that a Trawler would be the best choice for us, and began our search.  We bought our DeFever49 RPH 6 years ago and immediately started upgrades.  Once Keith retired, his new job title became ‘Master of Boat Projects’, and I must say that he has done an amazing job!  Preparing for this lifestyle change has given us a true focus that few people seem to have...it has also given us a lot of joy and excitement about the future.

Three years ago we selected June 30, 2019 as my retirement date.  People thought I was eccentric/crazy/ridiculous (choose any/all that apply) when I started my retirement countdown in 2016, and the process felt more like a game than reality...jump ahead to today...we really only have 18 days before our dream becomes our reality!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Continuing Saga

  Well, another month has passed since my last post, and I must report that our trying times have continued to haunt us.  Not sure if we sho...