Friday, June 28, 2019

Excited and Sad

Today is retirement day...I am supposed to be ‘over the moon’ with my new freedom, but it actually feels like a normal Friday evening before a weekend trip on the boat.  Maybe tomorrow the true excitement will set in, but today I will allow myself to be a little sad.  I walked through the building today saying goodbye and hugging people that have been a consistent part of my life for many years. I have grown accustomed to their camaraderie, and have always thrived on the positive energy we shared.  On any given day I interacted with 20-30 people who provided a spectacular network of social and thought provoking interactions.  I usually came home exhausted from so much social energy and was happy to sit quietly and watch the sunset.  Looking forward I think...poor Keith!  I either need to bridle the energy or he needs to learn how to deflect it:)


  As you know the date has been on my calendar for some time, but somehow there was a glitch in our system:)
I have wonderful memories of everyone, and I will truly miss each person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Continuing Saga

  Well, another month has passed since my last post, and I must report that our trying times have continued to haunt us.  Not sure if we sho...